- File: dig-0.0.14.zip
- Documentation Package: dig_html-0.0.14.zip
- dedit: Tweaks to undo to make it behave more responsively and not take up so much memory. It still needs to have an RLE scheme for character differencing.
- TreeBox: Added.
- ListBox: More and better semantics. Rows now have dispatchers that take every translateable message.
- dedit: Now uses TreeBox for the project view. This is bound to have introduced bugs.
- Canvas.textFont can now be used to get the current font. The default canvas font is made the same as the normal font. I fixed a bug where double-buffering will not get the right font while painting. Finally, the font returned from Canvas.textFont is attached to the canvas, so modifying it causes the canvas text font to be changed automatically.
- Canvas.textFont is REMOVED. Use Control.font instead.
- digc now checks the times of the source and dependencies and avoids compilation if files aren't modified. This is transitory, since it doesn't check that the compilation arguments are the same.
- Updating for DMD 0.69.
- File: dig-0.0.13.zip
- Documentation Package: dig_html-0.0.13.zip
- dedit: Fixes. Changing projects no longer crashes inside the GC. Project/New puts the new document in the right place. Saving a new document guesses the syntax highlighter.
- onPaint event is now handed the region that should be painted, and Canvas uses this information to do minimal blitting. You can repaint regions using Control.paintRegion.
- dedit: Now redraws only the regions which have changed. For fast computers using normal fonts this was a non-issue, but with slow computers or those using ClearType dedit was slow to work with. It's now much faster.
- dedit: Find (Control-F) has a new drop-down box to search based on syntax highlighting types.
- dedit: Java syntax highlighter added.
- digc: Now uses the "module" statement to change the filename to synthesize in recreation.
- digc: It now passes a page size of 32 to lib.exe, which was bitching when compiling dig.lib with -g on.
- Checkbox renamed CheckBox to align to the other Boxes.
- Directory structure change for hygiene and porting concerns. Use "import net.BurtonRadons.dig.main;" to import dig and "import net.BurtonRadons.dig.gl;" to import diggl.
- Control.SearchList renamed to Control.listPath.
- Bitmap constructor doesn't require a Control any more.
- I'm starting to move to UNICODE. Character strings should be treated as UTF-8 from now on, although DMD won't generate them as such yet.
- Control.focus (control) is no more. Use control.makeFocus () and control.clearFocus ().
- All private symbols have been renamed with a digPlatform or digCommon prefix. There were about five different prefix systems in use, it's now standardised.
- Started the summary page.
- File: dig-0.0.12.zip
- Documentation Package: dig_html-0.0.12.zip
- dedit has been made better in many ways. I am now using Visual Studio 7.0, which cannot be cajoled into editing D code properly, and I have been very unimpressed with other editors, so I now use dedit entirely. This means it should be made a better editor very quickly.
- dedit: Control-Left and Control-Right have been added. I have been wanting a word-left/-right that was actually useful for programming for years now. I suggest experimenting with it; I think you'll like it much better than other editors' handling of this command for macro processing.
- dedit: Macro recording/playback.
- You can now install DMD wherever you want so long as you edit the makefile's BASEDIR line to point to the location.
- File: dig-0.0.11.zip
- Documentation Package: dig_html-0.0.11.zip
- The "-w" option for digc has been changed to "-windowed".
- libpng is now loaded when needed rather than being linked in. Faster startup times, less memory use.
- digc acts a little better now.
- dstripcopy tool removes unnecessary whitespace from files and function bodies, resulting in faster compilation - compiling the cartoon example with the stripped headers is 59% faster than with the full headers. timerun tool just times execution.
- digc can create DLLs if you supply the -shared option. It creates the def file (which exports all public symbols, like on Linux), generates the import library, and creates a valid DllMain.
- Brought in dfilter utility, which I use with Doxygen to make D code more suitable for it.
- Added -install option to digc, which moves the created files into their appropriate locations.
- When compiling libraries, digc now puts the stripped headers at the end of the .lib file and generates those when the library is used, thus removing the need to install anything other than the .lib file.
- Ported over much more of brlib's vector mathematics. This meant lots more functions for vectors, plane3, ray3, box3, sphere3, and quat3.
- Added image loading support for libjpeg. Documented ImageLoader a little better.
- Added image loading support for TGA. Doesn't support palettised images.
- Started taking out multiple symbols between digwindows.d and Phobos' windows.d.
- File: dig-0.0.10.zip
- Documentation Package: dig_html-0.0.10.zip
- System mouse cursors are now supported in Control.cursor. The enumeration it takes, Control.Cursor, has a diagram showing typical cursors.
- digc now handles the version statement in determining whether something is really included. It also defines the WindowsXP version as appropriate, more to follow.
- digc creates a resource file containing a manifest so that visual themes are used under Windows XP. Custom-drawn controls also use themes and should be backwards portable to previous versions of Windows.
- Control.onMouseOver is sent when the mouse enters the control's region, paired before the mouseMove.
- Control.onMouseLeave is sent when the mouse leaves the control's space (Windows 98 and up presently).
- Timers don't use interrupts anymore, but are instead part of the message feed.
- Handling the scrollbars is easier now; you only need to use vscrollRange and vscrollPage, and vscrollPoint will be updated by onVScroll when it's empty. The same applies for the horizontal scrollbars.
- Resizing the window with an empty onResize resizes its contents as appropriate for its stickiness.
- Event.deltax and .deltay contain the cursor change since the last onMouseMove, or zeroes for the first incidence.
- Start of a ListBox control.
- Added a ScintillaText control contributed by Andy Friesen.
- Updates for DMD 0.57.
- File: dig-0.0.9.zip
- Documentation Package: dig_html-0.0.9.zip
- Changes to gridfitting require that you run the "display" method on a control before it's gridfit. You can do this at any level.
- digc now records library dependencies in a central registry.
- File: dig-0.0.8.zip (317Kb)
- Documentation Package: dig_html-0.0.8.zip (238Kb)
- Took subtypes of GLFrame out into the open. My only real worries are with vec/mat, which are OpenGL 2.0-based and could easily collide.
- Enriched vec* and mat* structs with eleven herbs and spices. Added plane3, box3, obb3, sphere3.
- Added menu bars. Recreation is not allowed presently, so windows with menu bars can't have their minimise/maximise/etc. buttons change.
- Mild changes for DMD 0.49 and 0.50.
- Event.keyCode is now a string instead of an enumeration.
- Spinner: Added. This is a very handy tool.
- EditText.getFloat now handles expressions.
- Control.onDrop message for file explorer drag/drop.
- Renamed TextBox to Label.
- GroupBox is now user-drawn as it was interfering with some message dispatching.
- GLFrame.readPixels for reading a rectangle of data from one of the frame buffers.
- GLFrame.textureCopyImage and GLtexture.copyImage for copying the color buffer into a texture.
- digc now handles variable expansions so that I could install the dlls. It also handles multiple -then statements now.
- GL functions have been moved into the GL class with a gl singleton, so that you don't need to pass around a redundant frame everywhere and can step into native symbol lookup.
- GLFrame was renamed to CanvasGL; a Frame implies a Window.
- RadioButton control added, as well as the RadioGroup helper.
- dedit: Find dialog, invoked with Ctrl-F and find next with F3. Be sure to check out the "Match List" button; you click on entries to show that point, and can select and delete them.
- dedit: Horizontal scrollbar.
- File: dig-0.0.7.zip (183Kb)
- Documentation Package: dig_html-0.0.7.zip (172Kb)
- dedit: Made projects save with relative paths and allowed it to start from the command-line.
- GroupBox: Fixed to, you know, work. It should use a manually-drawn widget so that children can be subwindowed directly.
- Now use a default font as the system default was driving me crazy. Why this is my responsibility I'll never know.
- Pane: Added.
- dedit: Project folders. Still clumsy. Cheapo statistics tool.
- dedit: Fixed copy/paste/undo bugs.
- digc: Wasn't compiling multiple programs properly. This was preventing the cartoon demo from being compiled.
- dedit: Now gives an option to try to save files (to a different filename) after a crash.
- CheckBox is no longer a subclass of Button. This should be as flat as possible.
- File: dig-0.0.6.zip
- Added Clipboard class, which has a singleton in Control.clipboard. Only supports text content for now.
- dedit: Added undo and clipboard support.
- dedit: Backspace is smart to indentation.
- dedit: HTML syntax highlighting. Basic as basic can be, but it's contextual.
- digc now handles wildcards for filenames, used with dedit.
- digc now builds libraries, used with dig.
- FileSelector: selecting a single file in multiple-selection mode would return a cancel.
- dedit: options dialog and session window.
- Font: Saving to/loading from registry.
- Registry: Set of "love" methods that either load or save depending upon a bit.
- dedit: Project manager.
- File: dig-0.0.5.zip (159Kb)
- Removed Registry singleton; it's now a field of Control (Control.registry).
- ColorWhite, ColorBlack, and ColorTrans are now Color.White, Color.Black, and Color.Trans.
- Added onClose message and fixed up its behaviour.
- Better at freeing data.
- Got rid of Painting, as it was increasingly difficult to see what on Earth it could be used for.
- Made Canvas use real colors, none of this 0-100 nonsense.
- Mouse capturing, keyboard lost focus message, #Font.textExtent.
- Added support for scrollbars.
- Started dedit example, a sample syntax-highlighting D editor. Gave it a bunch of highlighters for some reason. It's plugin-based, to an extent; refactoring will make this clearer.
- Control.onKeyDown, Control.onChar.
- gc.fullCollect is now called every second.
Version 0.0.4 (October 28, 2002)
- File: dig-0.0.4.zip (124Kb)
- Added ComboBox control.
- Deleted windows.d and winutil.d; windows headers are now in digwindows.d, saving 40kb on executable size.
- Added support for window resizing. Nigh improveable.
- Added Registry singleton for registry access.
- Cartoon shader sample makes use of the registry, combobox, resizing, and has transparent shadows.
- Added digc and used it for examples.
- Removed WinMain requirements, digInit and digTerm.
- Fixed keyboards.
Version 0.0.3 (October 27, 2002)
- File: dig-0.0.3.zip (211Kb)
- Added grid-fitting, that automatically locates controls based on their position in a table (Control.grid, Control.sticky).
- Added a second example (more a sample), a port of a NeHe cartoon shading tutorial to GLFrame that adds texturing, multiple lights, simple anti-aliased plane shadows, and controls for the parameters.
Version 0.0.2 (October 26, 2002)
Version 0.0.1 (October 23, 2002)
- Resizing in cartoon results in mess.
- Menu has a single dirty scanline.
- mat3.invert, mat2.invert, vec4's operators.
- dedit: replace function only. Lowercase and uppercase selection tools. Show the key binding in the menus, key binding setup dialog.
- dedit: blit context for scrolling, line insertion, and line deletion. For scrolling we'll have to buffer and then play back before painting, that might work
- Canvas: Retain the bitmap if it hasn't been resized.
- dedit: New Project, Close the current file, shouldn't crash.
- dedit: Closing a modified file should produce a warning. Delete file option.
- dedit: Keeps locking up.
- dedit: Two-letter compilation commands act weird.
- dedit: Saving a project file should add an extension if necessary.
- dedit: Indent after a local label.
- dedit: C/C++ auto-indenting.
- dedit: Return should remove any whitespace after the cursor.
- dedit: Save All doesn't repaint the project view.
- dedit: Control-G: Goto line.
- dedit: Drop-down box for ExternalTool to insert standard expansions.
- ListBox: Column reordering. Right-click menu for disabling items. Content- sizing columns. Partial rendering. Resizing last column to induce a horizontal scrollbar. Non-resizable columns, non-sortable. Selections.
- Use the AlphaBlend function.
- Functions for drawing path crosses and networks.
- TrackMouseEvent is stupid, needs some crap.
Generated on Thu Sep 4 13:12:54 2003 for dig by